Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Surprise Baby Shower!!!

Last weekend, I was surprised by getting a beautiful baby shower! I was tricked into thinking that my dad and I were spending the day together at the beach. When we arrived at my parents house to drop off something for my mom, I figured that I might as well take a bathroom break being that it was a long drive to the ocean. I walked in the back door and blew my own surprise. I surprised them! Oops... But in my defense, I was surprised by the shower anyway, right? Here are some pictures. It was completely touching. Thank you to all the ladies who were able to attend and those that offered good wishes even if they couldn't come. I am humbled by your generosity. To Gen and Shannon, thank you for putting in such hard work to make this day so great. And lastly, thank you Mom for doing what you are best at, being a mom. All of the little touches that you added had me in mind. The food and decorations were so beautiful that I wish I had longer to take it all in. You always know how to put on a great party. I love you and thank you. You teach me everyday what it means to be a mother. I hope to be just like you.












































8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are already a wonderful mother!!
Glad you liked the shower. You have so many people who know how much you care about them and love to share special times with you.
Shannon and Gen were incredible and amazing! They made it work.
Remember and don't forget...you are loved. M oxox

Anonymous said...

look at that spread from someone who was there it was some of the best party food ever quite a nice shower and now we are all eagerly awaiting new baby:)

Anonymous said...

For you anything! Do you have the belly pic of us? Can you mail it or post it so i can get it?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I got my invitation two days after the shower (it was sent to my mom's!). I'm sad I couldn't be there -- it just isn't right that I still haven't met your first-born and here you are having your second :)

I was there in spirit either way xo

John Maver said...

What am I, Chopped Liver????


You have no idea how I worked my fingers to the bone and test the food and had to co-ordinate and organize all the women and move the furniture and test the food and clean up and wash disehes and test the food and plan the trip to the beach and pick you up and test the food and get the balloons and test the food. I am exhausted.

Dad

A proud granddaughter said...

It looks like a great shower Mar!

Unknown said...

Poor, poor Dad. I feel so sorry for you!

Again, I just wish I could have been there. Shannon, thanks for the invite!

Are you sure you don't want to have the baby in Florida. Katrina and I will take very good care of you-all.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have been there and if I weren't on the east coast, pregnant and due in two weeks I would have been!

It looks like it was so much fun!

The food looks really yummy!

Hugs!