Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We shall call it Bubba

I'm still in a state of shock I think. We had a sonogram today to see if my placenta was higher (it was). A lot of the sonogram was very clinical. Lots of measurements were taken and a clear shot of the spine still had to be seen. At the end we found out how big the baby was measuring and the estimated due date. This child weighs 5 lbs 10 oz. ! I couldn't believe it. I think I created the largest babies know to man. Blue was 8 lb. 9 oz. and will look like a preemie! Still getting over that the tech gives the next piece of info. The due date is now estimated at Dec. 5th. That is 20 days earlier. In all fairness at this late in the game, the baby could just be very large and still come out late Dec or early Jan. even. If this due date is correct, I will having the baby in just over a month people. Holy cow! That is unbelievable to me. These two pictures are of the baby face and body. The head is on the right You can see little hands and feet and body. You can clearly see an eye in the second picture.

This last picture is of my giant baby's foot. It looks large to me, but of course if its 22 lbs at delivery its going to need a stronger threshold to keep it upright. =)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggested Baby Name: Bubba

Anonymous said...

or Jolly Green...

Goliath ?

Anonymous said...

wow 5lbs already!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! You are going to give birth before me!?! What's next!?! This isn't fair! Eric says that baby Ethan will be 13 lbs, but we'll see out of the two of us who has the bigger baby!?! I'm hoping for a 6 or 7 pounder, but that's highly unlikely...no change in my due date, of course, but they say it will be big. I think we ought to have a friendly competition, maybe a triatha-baby! Who will give birth first? Which baby will be bigger? Which labor will be faster? It's on now girl!!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

heehee triatha-baby....M.

A proud granddaughter said...

Go Bubba!!!

John Maver said...

Better be a boy.

Anonymous said...

Ill be last in all the baby races...I really hope to have the smallest...Heres to hopin...Now i probaby jinked myself and am going ot have freaking the drew carey of babys