Sunday, January 7, 2007

102.8

I don't understand baby temperatures. Last night Blue was whimpering over the monitor. I thought it was just a reinstall. That's code that my husband and I use for put the pacifier back in. I felt her face and she was hot. Really hot. I took her temp and it was 102.8 degrees F! I knew that the world was crashing and my sweet baby must be about to melt. As calmly as I could, I went into my bedroom and screamed "get up! get up!" at my husband, D. He jumped up and handed me the phone to call the advice nurse. Apparantly this was not the world emergancy that I thought it was. Blue was just fine after a dose of tylenol and a fews hugs. The nurse said that most babies spike fevers at one time or another and what to watch out for. I'm still learning. With other children it's totally different. When you are dealing with your own child, all logic and past knowledge goes out the window. live and learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any Old Spice?

Dad

Anonymous said...

I like the reinstall code word