Monday, July 9, 2007

My little flower girl

Our friends, Gen and Tom, got married yesterday. That's me, M, holding Blue up front. Blue got the honor of being the flower girl in the wedding. For the first time in her life, Blue became shy. Crap. What does a mother do? Bribe the child with jelly beams! That's right, I slipped a pack of jelly beans into the ring bearers pocket to give to Blue along the way. I know my kid and if she won't follow a man, she'll certainly follow food. =) In the long run, she ended up running down the isle yelling (happily) "Mommy Mommy" At the alter she turned her bucket over and dumped out all the flowers. For a 1 year old not bad.
After the ceremony, Blue sat for a well deserved meal. And then she ate the ring bearers meal as well. She gave him the eyes and stole the chicken strips right out from under his nose!

Dancing and more dancing



and more dancing..... (note: that is NOT the ring bearer. Scandal) Blue grabbed any man in height range and shook her groove thang until she dropped.



Here are the gorgeous bride and groom. They are obviously so in love. What a beautiful, heartfelt day. I was lucky to be a part of it. Congratulations guys!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I wish that I was able to be there. Gen looks gorgeous! K and Blue would have had fun, I'm sad.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for Gen though!

Anonymous said...

Blue looked adorable! I see she gets her love of dancing from her mom. :o)
nb

Anonymous said...

what a nice wedding and the cutest little flower girl!

Eric Qian Wang, PE, MSCE said...

A wedding on 07/07/07 with Blue being the flower girl - everything is perfectly matched. The wedding also reminded me of Marilee and Dave's wedding in Oct. 2004. It's still so beautiful.

A proud granddaughter said...

She is so sweet!

John Maver said...

She was FANTASTIC. Lucky that Gen looked good otherwise Ella would have stolen the whole show.

Anonymous said...

Well thank you Robin and elder maver(i dont know which one it is?) Roin i wish you could have been there, you can see the pics online at pictage.com Ella has quite a few cute photo sessions!