Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ella Read Today!

Today was very exciting for a number of reasons. However, September 4Th, 2010 will always be the day that my little Ellie Blue learning to read. I was in her room marking the different Math pages she was to work on for homework. In the back round I'm hearing her little voice saying, "Meow! I have four Fuzzy paws. Who is my mommy?" I looked up and realized she had pulled a book out and was figuring out what the words on the page were!!! It was so exciting for me to watch. She knew words, but had not put it all together on her own before in a random book. I screamed out loud, kissed and hugged her a lot and then asked her to try the next page. Slowly she read the next, then the next, then the NEXT!!!!!!! I was like the Grandma from the Nutty Professor "HERCULES! HERCULES!" I remember my first book I read the first page from the Berenstain Bears book where Mama bear has a new baby. I never forgot it. In the living room in Norwich, NY. Today was Papa's Birthday so Ella got to read her very first book to Papa to make his day special too. It was a great day. Her world just opened up a little bit more.



1 comment:

John Maver said...

This is a remarkable accomplishment and will lead Ella to a whole new world of enjoyment.

Love Nana & Papa