Monday, July 20, 2009

A.I.D.S. Walk

I love love love the A.I.D.S Walk! I do it every year. Held at Golden Gate Park in San Fransisco, it is a 10K (6.2 miles) This year they raised 3.5 million at the event alone! Shannon and I walked our booties off. By the end of the day I had walked over 10 miles. It is a wonderful chance to see families of all sorts get out for a cause.

Here I am with my favorite drag queens. They commented on how much skinnier everyone was after walking all of that way.
This guy walked to entire thing in 6 inch heels!
I colorful band to cheer us on

Belly dancers

Naked guy had on a lot of SPF. Lets just leave it at that.


This was my favorite part of the walk. Way before I started, this family began the 10k. In the yellow shirt there is a boy who was severely disabled. Step by step he walked with a family member on each arm. They took turns and cheered him on. 5 hours later when i was leaving they had just reached mile 4. Still going. Still cheering. That kid just put one foot in front of the other and kept going. It was so touching and exactly what makes these events so special.
Exhausted and me with a calf cramp, we did it!!!








1 comment:

Janet said...

what a great cause, and it looks like so much fun!