Sunday, July 20, 2008

A.I.D.S. Walk in San Francisco

Today I had the pleasure of doing the A.I.D.S. walk in SF Golden Gate Park. It was tons of fun and I walked with the Gap team so I got a cool T-shirt. This charity event raised 4 million dollars for A.I.D.S. research. They have people along side the road to keep you pumped and motivated. Here are some belly dancers. They also gave you lunch and snacks as you walked The park is lush and beautiful. I loved it. Everyone was in a fantastic mood.
Here are some of the quilts made for those lost to A.I.D.S.


Shannon came with me it was a great time. The only downside is that I managed to get a huge sunburn when it was freezing cold and overcast. D. cracked up when I got home and handed me the aloe.


Another friend I met along the way. There were so many happy people. I can't wait until next year.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh i want to go next year that looks like fun =)

Anonymous said...

Is that Mum with you in the bottom picture?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Gen, I want to go next year! I'm so sorry that you got a sunburn, where was your sunscreen? Even when it's overcast you can still get burned. I'll be seeing you very soon!

Love & Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a worthy cause. Good for you!!

Nana and Papa